Thursday, September 11, 2008

So the kids they dance, they shake their bones.

Let's put aside the sadness of the pending Stone Church auction and the possibility that this is the end of an era for that location. The scene there on Tuesday night was inspiring and refreshing. There was a line out the door at 10pm and the twenty-somethings were dancing their brains out to organic, acoustic music. The bliss was real and the vibe was huge.

I had my trusty camcorder and captured about half a dozen tunes. The sound quality is what you would expect but captures the scene well.

A special thanks to all of those involved in resurrecting the Stone Church. I went to the previous closing event with Truffle and feared that was the end of the road. Incidentally, that was the same day The Old Man Of The Mountain slide of the hill. I believe that this is a difficult business to sustain and hopefully the property is somehow preserved as celebration of musical arts. I also hope and pray that the current owners are able to chase this dream again in a way that works financially for them.

ck


Now check out a little medley of tunes from Tuesday, September, 9th, 2008. (I will update this with credit to the musicians when I have that in order)

No comments: